Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ANN: Postcode support for TTN2 on PocketPC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ANN: Postcode support for TTN2 on PocketPC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevewild31
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: UKpostcode Reply with quote

Hi I have downloaded and installed the ukpostcode prog. but can't get it to run, can't remember where I got the files from can someone confirm the file size of UKPOSTCODE.exe when installed on PPC ?
albob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: UKpostcode Reply with quote

stevewild31 wrote:
Hi I have downloaded and installed the ukpostcode prog. but can't get it to run, can't remember where I got the files from can someone confirm the file size of UKPOSTCODE.exe when installed on PPC ?

here are the instructions (copied from another thread), if its any help....

Step One
First of all you need to download and unzip the release into a temporary location. The full package is a large download (11.5MB) which includes the initial release of the database, so be patient if your link is slow.

The zip file contains five files: ukpostcode.dat which is the database, ukpostcode.exe which is the application used for the look-up, setup.exe which installs the TomTom hook, TTNControl.ini which controls the install, and TTNControl.arm.CAB which is the actual interface to TTN.

Step Two
Place your PocketPC in the cradle and connect to the PC using ActiveSync.

Step Three
Note that if you've already got CheckPOInt installed you don't need to complete this step. CheckPOInt will already have installed the necessary TTN support files. Simply carry on from step four.

Use Windows Explorer to copy the 'TTNControl.arm.cab' file to the 'My Documents' folder on your PPC. Then, using File Explorer on the PPC, locate this .cab file and double tap to install it. The .cab file will self delete following installation.

Step Four
Use Windows Explorer to browse your PocketPC. Locate your storage card, create a folder called 'ukpostcode' on the storage card and copy ukpostcode.exe and ukpostcode.dat to it. It is important that the .exe file is in the same folder on the PocketPC as the .dat file, or it won't work.

Finally, create a shortcut to ukpostcode.exe and drag it to the "Windows\Start Menu\Programs" folder on the PocketPC (don't drop it in \windows\programs - it won't appear anywhere). This allows you to use the usual PocketPC method to attach ukpostcode to one of your hardware keys, or make it appear in your main menu. Having it hooked to one of the hardware keys is a particularly convenient way of accessing the program when TomTom is running.

Using the program
Simply start the ukpostcode program using the shortcut you created in step four above, from your start menu. Type in a postcode and click on either "Show on map" or "Navigate to", as appropriate. If all is well, TTN should automatically pop up in either map mode or navigator mode.

alan
bloodlocust
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love this Smile please let me know where to get it.
albob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u have 'edonkey' do a search on 'ukpostcode'

alan
Marcus_of_deighton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have enjoyed using the program on my XDA 2 but I have passed it on to a colleague with an xda 1. The program is not recognised as a program on the memory card even though it can be seen.

The XDA has the latest rom uprade 3.1703 ENG and radio 4.12. Can you help.

M
divadiow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ukpostcode- how do I tell if I have the latest database? what numbers should I be looking for?
Paul-m
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: ukpostcodes Reply with quote

Does anyone have a copy of this software. I did have but lost it in a reorganisation

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: