Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ANN: Postcode support for TTN2 on PocketPC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ANN: Postcode support for TTN2 on PocketPC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davast
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Will not load into SD card on iPAQ 2210 Reply with quote

Niels - I haveTTN2 and the GB maps on an SD card on a HP iPAQ 2210 running WM2003, with Checkpoint 3.2 installed on my Main directory. It all works really well. However, when I try and run setup.exe as per your instructions, it brings up the "add/remove software" dialogue box but does not go any further. I think this may be due to the TTN2 software being on the SD card. I don't want to change that, is there anything else I can try.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davast, I have the same arrangement as you - a 2210 with TTN2 on a SD card, and CheckPOInt in the PDA memory. You don'tneed to use the Setup if you already have CheckPOInt working. Just load ukpostcode.exe and ukpostcode.dat onto a spare CF card and it works without any other action on your part. It makes it more convenient to put a shortcut to ukpostcode.exe in your start menu
Robn
davast
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robin2 that worked. Well done Neils a great little piece of software.
pigonabike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
Brillient bit of softwareI have found it invaluable.

I have hit a small ish problem since i started using the new postcode.dat file(17/march)
Every so often when i enter the given postcode and hit navigate it spawns tt2 and comes up with a dialog box saying failed to navigate hitting ok closes the app. Show on map seems to work ok which is a bit of a workaround.

Anyone any
thanks
Pig
Carll
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: TT3 Reply with quote

Hi Neils
just thought you would like to know your postcode system works just great with TT3.
I visit mostly businesses and it is invaluable.
Well done and thanks
Carll
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: TT3 Reply with quote

Hi Neils
just thought you would like to know your postcode system works just great with TT3.
I visit mostly businesses and it is invaluable.
Well done and thanks
Wilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot!! I have it set up now so I press button 4 and Checkpoint 2 loads TomTom. Then if I press button 3, the database software pops up and i can enter any postcode and it will navigate me there

Thumbs Up
OZ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Can anybody help me, i have installed and run Niels program with no worries.
Today, being a tinkler, i downloaded the newer rom update for my 2210 and went to reinstall the postcode programme and no go.
I cant see what i am doing wrong, the problem seems similar to previous posters, i download the program onto my desktop and then put the dat and exe into the cf card folder drag the shortcut to the start menu and when i try to type in a code i get dat not found in exe file, i have read through this thread and tried all things but still it wont work.
Any help would be appreciated.
OZ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh the joys of computers!!.
I walked away for a while turned it all over in my head, deleted the program and shortcut, downloaded it again from niels and hey presto it's working fine, i wish i could tell you why it didn't work in the first place, but who cares it's going now.
Nugget
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: ukpostcode Reply with quote

Please can some one assist me. I have followed niels instructions for loading & running the program by unzipping the files and double clicking the set up.exe in a folder on my PC. When I get to step 3, I don't get a message on the Pocket PC saying it sucessfully registered .ocx control.
I have followed all the other steps, i.e. have the short cut in the right place & the ukp files on the storage card. But when I try to run it. I get the message 'error opening the short cut or locating the target file name'.
dynamite
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nugget,

Have you got any other program installed that works with TT2 - such as CheckPOInt? If so, you can safely skip step 3 as CheckPOInt installs all the necessary files (and does a better job of it judging my the number of people who have had problems with this part - I must try and sort that out sometime soon Embarassed )

It would also be worth checking that the program is properly installed before working out what is wrong with the shortcut. Try running the ukpostcode.exe program (by clicking on it in file explorer) and verify that it runs.

It sounds to me like the problem is actually with the shortcut, so it may be worth doing that again. I do the following:

1) delete any old shortcuts - sometimes more than one exits!
2) tap on ukpostcode.exe where it is installed - usually the storage card
3) go to \windows\programs and use the Edit menu to Paste Shortcut into the folder
4) copy the shortcut into the start menu folder as well, if you want it on the start menu. Personally I find it much easier to assign it to one of the hardware keys.

Hope this helps

- Niels
Chris2004
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Troubles bringing Navigator to foreground? Reply with quote

Helllp!!......this looks like an excellent program but I cannot seem to connect it to TTN2.
I have a Ipaq 3850 with 2002, TTN2, CheckPOInt. When I first tried the program I ran the setup but it did not work. Since reading some of the threads I have installed the .NET Compact Framework. I have also manually copied the exe,dat & CAB files to my storage card. I ran the CAB file and everything seemed to register correctly. I also copied a shortcut to my start menu.

So here is where I am stuck. The program starts but when I enter a postcode and click on "show on map" or "navigate to" I get the errors "Failure to bring navigator to foreground and Failed to show on map". This even occurs when I have TTN2 open at the time.
I know I am probably missing something very small, but has anyone else had the same problem and if so what was the resolution.
Thanks in advance.
Smile
Nugget
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niels
Thanks for your help, I installed Checkpoint & after that the program worked fine. A brilliant program !
Kirium
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: House Number Support ?? Reply with quote

Hi Guys Laughing
Gonna be real cheeky here, I have installed Niels SUPERB postcode program, went on with no problem at all :D and it works really well -- the only duff postcodes so far have been from the customers !!
Just one thing though, any chance of House number support, quite a few of my trips have led me to a street, the correct street, but a long way from the house required. The necessitates me having to park and then get off my Lazy arse to locate said House which on occasion has been up to half a mile away.
Like I say, a bit cheeky, I just wondered....
Oak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dynanite
I am not the cleverest of people when manipulating my PDA and I am trying to get your postcode software to work on my ipaq 5450. I have opened the download file and the relevent files as stated on your instalation instructions are correct. However when I attempt step 3 the application manager opens but the specified application is not an instalable option. Does this mean CheckPOInt is already installed if so how do I find out?
I tried moving on to step 4 and I followed the instructions implicitly but when I had completed and I tried to run the program I get the following message. [Cannot find ukpstcode (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and all the requested libraries are available.] I also tried to run direct from the program icon which also did not work.
I have installed the .net compact framework as stated and that appears to be OK.
If you or any one else can help I would be most appreciative, but dont get too technical with me or I will get confused.
Regards Brian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: