Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigating to Custom POI's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigating to Custom POI's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
satnavman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Navigating to Custom POI's Reply with quote

I Have a ICN520 Premium which I have had no trouble with, but have just noticed something not quite right. I have written and installed a custom csv file with a list of personal POI's.
All BMPs show up in exactly the right places! (OK So Far), "but" and how I hate that word, when I try to navigate to certain POI's it will position me over another POI in the list! This does not occur on all of them but only on various POI,s in the file!

Note! It would seem that all the NAVMAN Pre-Installed POI Files are able to navigate me to the correct destinations (I haven't tried them all).

Any Ideas Please!
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may simply be a visibility issue.

Have you actually tried driving to your POI?

It may be that the Navman POI's are set at a higher visibility level than your own, hence they will take visual priority. That will not necessarily mean that the Navman will preferentially direct to its own POI's.
satnavman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Navigating to Custom POI,s Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply!

However this problem only seems to occur with some destinations when trying to route to some of my "Custom POI's".

Its as though the search criteria will find an alternative POI for me rather than the one I have entered as my destination.

Weird!
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only other thing that occurs to me is that your custom POI's have identical destination names to Navmans own. Hence, the Navman will direct you to its own POI destination name rather than yours.
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was tring to find a "for instance" to illustrate what I was trying to say.

One of the Navmans own POI is a list of railway stations, which includes "Arsenal". If you have created a list of say, Premiership football clubs, you may also have used the destination name "Arsenal".

It may be that Navman will try to direct you to the "Arsenal" the railway station, in its list rather than yours, the football club?
satnavman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Navigating to Custom POI's Reply with quote

Hi there again and thanks for your input!

However I think we might be at cross purposes here!

If you read the original thread it states:

"All BMPs show up in exactly the right places! (OK So Far), "but" and how I hate that word, when I try to navigate to certain POI's it will position me over another POI in the list! This does not occur on all of them but only on various POI,s in the file! "

Sorry if I did not make it clear, but this only happens within a custom POI file. That is to say if I "Go To" a POI within a custom POI file it will occasionally choose and try to navigate me to a different POI within that Custom POI File.

Sorry for any confusion and thanks again for your help.
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I understand now.

Interestingly, I have an identical problem with one of my custom POI files. I thought it was because I had made some mistake in setting it up. Looks like there is some sort of bug in the Navman software.
satnavman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Navigating to Custom POI's Reply with quote

Hi again and thanks for trying this..........

Could it be we have stumbled on something!

I wonder how many people out there have not tried all there poi's out in there Custom POI files to check if they actually direct them to the right POI.

Well lets face it, we never want to navigate to a speed camera POI, or to a traffic light POI, and as long as the BMP's show in the right place for these why should we bother...........

But this is something different!

We might want to navigate to our own personal POI's that we wrote the files for.

And like yourself, I too have checked and re-checked my files to make sure they are right before I even posted this subject........

Thanks again for participating......

I will post a new subject to hopefully direct more people to this

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: