Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Major problems with Sony Ericsson K750i + TTG 700!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Major problems with Sony Ericsson K750i + TTG 700!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Major problems with Sony Ericsson K750i + TTG 700! Reply with quote

I've had my Go 700 for a day. It worked perfect with my 6310i but that was just a temporary phone which i'm now selling on. I bought a K750i today and it's an amazing phone... apart from it won't work with the Go!

It pairs up perfectly, the Go finds it and everything looks ok until you make\receive a call... there's just silence. The phone's timer is counting up so you know a call is initiated but there is no sound from either the phone or the Go.

This is really annoying as I wanted the Go purely because of its Bluetooth functions etc.

Has anyone got any fixes to this? I know it's not just me as a Google search found several other sites with people having the same problems on the TTG 500 Sad

Please 'elp Rolling Eyes :D
daddyo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will become more and more common as more and more people try and use the K750i (which will become a very common phone judging by the lates contract offers and it's great features) with the tomtomgo!

Just a case of sit and wait for an update from wither TomTom or SE I think. I've emailed both, all I can sugggest is that you do the same and we try a bit of people power to get the thing sorted Sad

The fact that you get no sound on either the phone or the TomTom renders the phone useless when they pair up - i've nealry crashed load of times whilst messing around trying to pick up an incomming call only to get silence on both devices! Now I just deactivate the BT ont he k750i to stop them pairing! :x
smeg24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a reply from TomTom about this issue and they simply suggest downloading the latest version (5.201, I had a GO 500 with 5.200) but it made no difference Crying or Very sad
henryg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K750i uses Bluetooth 2, and is incompatible with many (old) BT devices, including my own BT car handsfree.

SE are totally uninterested in the problem - I haven't seen this mentioned in any review of the phone.
flylikeahandbag
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also check out this thread:-

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=24060&start=0
flylikeahandbag
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Clicky this time.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=24060&start=0
smeg24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another reply from Tomtom:

Quote:
Dear Mr. X,

I'm afraid that a software update that fixes this issue is unlikely, as it seems to be the phone itself that does not support the necessary handsfree functionality.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Really should press the point that other handsfree kits work but think I might be flogging a dead horse.
SL33PYH34D
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smeg24 wrote:
Another reply from Tomtom:

Quote:
Dear Mr. X,

I'm afraid that a software update that fixes this issue is unlikely, as it seems to be the phone itself that does not support the necessary handsfree functionality.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Really should press the point that other handsfree kits work but think I might be flogging a dead horse.

The K750i DOES support the "handsfree" profile (which is the bluetooth profile that the Go uses for voice calls) its just that right now its a little bit buggy. It doesn't matter that the K750i is Bluetooth 2.0 compliant either as it is a standard which is backwards compatible with Bluetooth 1.x.

Bluetooth is afterall a standards based thing - if Tomtom are correctly supporting the standard then it has to be up to Sony Ericsson to fix their K750i Bluetooth implementation - you cannot expect Tomtom to have to fix other peoples issues.

Now the K750i does at the moment have some fairly big issues with its handsfree profile support - it does seem to be pretty buggy, but this is nothing more than that - its buggy. Nothing to do with not supporting standards and nothing to do with it being Bluetooth 2.0 - these are just excuses as to why it doesn't work, but then neither Tomtom or SE would ever be likely to admit to having a buggy implementation anyway.

Right now the only place a fix can come from is SE themselves - and its not just the Go that has trouble with the K750i handsfree profile either - some car kits have issues (although in the case of BMW their implementation isn't exactly the best anyway) and a number of Bluetooth headsets have exactly the same problems and symptoms as the Go.
Hopefully come the next firmware update for the K750i which should be fairly soon these issue may be fixed.
Tarrant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Email tomtom president and ask him to make this a priority! Reply with quote

Hi all,

Yes I am having the same problem. I have a SE W800i with T-mobile in the USA, along with a TomTom Go 700.

They pair without problems.
I can dial a phone number from the TomTom without problems.
I can download the phone book into my TomTom without problems.

HOWEVER...
After establishing a call, I cannot get any audio on the TomTom, nor can they hear me.

With the W800i, once in a call you can hit the "More" option button, and then select "Transfer sound" option to send audio to the TomTom. However, even after doing this I get absolutely no sound. Worse, after selecting "Transfer Sound" the w800i is unable to re-establish a link with the TomTom ... not sure if the problem is with SE or TomTom.

I did find the email address of the TomTom USA President: Jocelyn.Vigreux@tomtom.com

I suggest we all email him and ask for help in resolving this issue, as TomTom support has never gotten back to me!

Here was what Sony-Ericsson has to say. Looks like the W800i support BT2 and maybe that's why we are having compatibility issues:

-----------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson Online Support.

There is no information in regards with the compatibility between Sony Ericsson
products and third-party products such as the TomTom Go 700. If you would like,
we recommend contacting TomTom to inquire if they are able to provide further
information on the compatibility between the TomTom Go 700 and the W800i.

We have provided the following Bluetooth specifications for the W800i to help
determine if the TomTom Go 700 Bluetooth specifications are similar. The W800i
is manufactured to meet Bluetooth Specification 2.0.

The following are the Bluetooth services supported:
- Dial-up Networking Profile
- Generic Access Profile
- Generic Object Exchange Profile Headset Profile
- Object Push Profile
- Serial Port Profile
- Synchronization Profile
- Basic Imaging Profile
- Handsfree Profile
- Headset Profile
- File Transfer Profile
- Human Interface Device (HID) Profile

If we can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to call one
of our representatives at 1-866-SONY-ERICSSON(1-866-766-9374).

Best regards,

Jim

Your Sony Ericsson Online Support Representative
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications

-----------------------------------------------------
AND HERE WAS TOMTOM'S REPLY:

Bluetooth coding within each Bluetooth stack is different between devices and manufactures. Because of these differences, not all Bluetooth devices are compatible to connect to any other device using Bluetooth. The engineers in Amsterdam have tested this devices and it is not compatible. There are no specifics as to why. If you want a phone that is compatible, please stick to the compatibility list here: http://www.tomtom.com/products/section.php?ID=77&Section=107&Language=4. These are phones that are compatible and can support if you were to run into any configuration problems. If you have any further questions, please contact us.

Kind Regards,

TomTom USA Customer Service

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: