Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SD Card speed tests in Pocket PCs - request for help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SD Card speed tests in Pocket PCs - request for help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dunos
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: SD Card speed tests in Pocket PCs - request for help Reply with quote

After having looked for speed results for modern SD cards in my model ipaq and failing I am asking for your help.

What I want to do is compile a spreadsheet of card speed test results and then publish them on the net. You can help me by posting your SD card speeds here which I will add to my spreadsheet.

To do this we need a standard bit of software for measuring card speed and a standard reporting format.

The software I would like you to use is Anton Tomov Pocket Mechanic v1.52. I would like you to set the card speed test options as follows:

Read test: yes
Write test: yes
Sequential sectors: yes
Random sectors: yes
Sectors/block: 64
Variable: yes
Repeat tests: 5

And then Report your results in the following format:

Device Make: HP
Device Model: iPAQ h4150
Device Firmware: 1.10
Device OS: WM2003
SD Make: Kingston
SD Model: Elite Pro
SD Capacity: 512MB
SD Free Space: 62MB
FAT Type: FAT16
Cluster Size: 32768
Read (MB/s): 0.7
Read (X): 1.8
Write (MB/s): 0.35
Write (X): 2.4

Regards,

Daniel Durrans
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A link to the download would be helpful.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A link to your web site would also be useful, your could then use a form-mail page for people to type in answers.

I am not sure that using the resources of this web site for research for your project will be looked upon by the Forum administrators as correct, but I may be wrong.
dunos
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After having taken on board your comments I have created a website that will display all the speed tests that I have performed or had sent to me. The website is here:

http://www.durrans.com/cardspeed/

I am in the process of building an online form to make it easy to submit results. The website also has a link to the trial version of Pocket Mechanic which can be used to speed test cards.

I would have thought that this sort of research would come under Accessories. It isn't a commercial project, it merely started as a way for me to find out which SD card I should buy if I want fast read speeds in my device, something that can be very important when using navigational aids.

Dan.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: