Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - why are some of tomtom5 p.o.i categories empty??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

why are some of tomtom5 p.o.i categories empty??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kalvin928s4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: why are some of tomtom5 p.o.i categories empty?? Reply with quote

hi anyone explain why some of my tt5 default p.o.i categories are empty? i.e beach, cash dispenser, colleges, company, open parking,petrol stations. the categories are there but empty.... where are these located? thx
wadialdoor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: why are some of tomtom5 p.o.i categories empty?? Reply with quote

kalvin928s4 wrote:
hi anyone explain why some of my tt5 default p.o.i categories are empty? i.e beach, cash dispenser, colleges, company, open parking,petrol stations. the categories are there but empty.... where are these located? thx
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kalvin

At last somebody appears to have a similar problem to the one I have.

Do you get the message "No POI found" or something similar.

I have been getting this error message for the same categories but when I browse the map and enable the categories they are all there.

I believe it is an incompatibility problem with TTN5 reading the SD card.

Could you let me know what you are running TTN5 on and the size and type of data card.

Regards

Roger
kalvin928s4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, the card is 256mb, the map is v562. what i did now was transfer the 'poi.data' file from my old tt3 navigator britain map into the new map..... and works fine, eventhough may not have some of the newer poi, but better than none? let me know what happens
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thats what I did, I transferred the POI.dat from TTN3 and this works most of the time. But depending on the position on the map then sometimes the error crops up again.

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Pocket LOOX 420, a 1Gb 66x SD card, TTN5 v5.000 (4890) and Map v562. I have since seen that TomTom say that the LOOX 420 is incompatible with TTN5.

Are you using a PDA and if so what model?

Regards

Roger
kalvin928s4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmmm im using a mitac mio 168clone (medion 95000) with flip up gps aerial. dont think the pda would have much effect on the error though..... weird one though as tt3 poi data file is about 1.27mb and the tt5 is 1.63mb and cant see why some of the categories are empty??? anyway ill see how it runs with the old poi data, but found them more than adequate but more concerned bout the others like speed camera's etc but you can only put 40 extra categoroes on...... bummer as i cant break each speed camera down into speed zones as tt3 unless decide to erase some of the other categories are downloaded. cheers bud
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom say that the Mitac Mio 558 is not compatible but yours is the 168 - are they at all similar?

All the custom POI's work perfectly, it's only the built in POI's that give a problem.

Regards

Roger
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After another search on the TomTom Site they state that the Mio 168 is compatible with TTN5. So that's not the problem.

Please let me know if you find out any thing else which would help.

Regards

Roger
sooty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here.

Using V5 on Ipaq HX4700 and some of the POI's appear to be missing.

I have noticed that petrol stations, for example, if enabled, are displayed on the map but I can't navigate to or find them on the map.

My V3 poi.dat file works just fine. It does appear to be an issue with the POI file, not the application, in my case anyway.

I have emailed tomtom this morning about this. If I get a reply I will post it here.

Sooty....
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sooty

Quote:
My V3 poi.dat file works just fine. It does appear to be an issue with the POI file, not the application, in my case anyway.

The TTN3 POI file for the UK appears to work 99% of the time but for certain areas on the map it still gives an error, particularly with Petrol Stations.

I have tried replacing the POI file for other countries and some work fine but again some give errors at specific points on the map.

For instance with the TTN3 POI file with the Austria v562 map if you browse the map and find the town of Linz, then not much can be found at all. Yet, as you say, if you enable the POI's then they all show on the map

I am now inclined towards a bug in the software since this still occurs with the TTN3 POI files, but to a much lesser degree.

Looking forward to hearing TomTom's reply.

Roger
Neil F
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have this problem.
If I search for a cash machine it displays 'No POI Found"!'. Today, I set up a proximity alert on cash machines and on the way to work it alerted me OK when I approached any....wierd!

I look forward to hearing if anyone comes up with a solution. I will copy the ttn3 poi.dat file over for now..

Neil
erwin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone resolved this yet? I am having the same problem with missing POI's on Medion MD95000
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys using genuine copies of tomtom?
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)
BodgerBaz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How odd.

I'm using TTN 5 and all my POIs work a treat . . . . even the Churches (well I had to try them all!) which was empty on a previous version.

I'm using TTN 5.21 on a HP iPAQ hx2400
dice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lupos0_1 wrote:
Are you guys using genuine copies of tomtom?

Nail on head, thats a common fault with the dodgy copy of TT5, not saying you all have that but my genuine copy works well with my medion 95000 Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: