Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing TTM5 upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing TTM5 upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyWilson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Installing TTM5 upgrade Reply with quote

I just received my upgrade today and I've got a few questions about the installation on a C500:

1) Do I need to uninstall version 4 first? (I'm not worried about favourites etc)
2) If I want to run it it from my 512Mb mini-SD card presumably I just copy all the folders from the tomtom card into the root of the bigger card then folow the instructions? (Doing this must mean I'd have to uninstall the old version to remove the existing folders with the same names? Or can I just overwrite them??)
3) Will the activation work through an activesync internet connection rather than GPRS?
4) Anything else I should be aware of like don't install during a full moon or any necessary magic chants??

Thanks in advance for any help

Andy
-Bazza-
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I upgraded mine, I backed up all the old tomtom files on to my pc, then deleted the old files on my memory card and then copied across all the new files. Make sure the new files are in the correct folders, without any duplicates, especially if you have other software on your memory card.

If you do want to keep your existing favourites you can copy across the old Great-Britain-Map.cfg file, but you need to rename it to Great_Britain-Map.cfg

You can also transfer across any old POI (ov2) files.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: