Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Accessing Windows CE.NET 4.2 on Transonic PNA
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Accessing Windows CE.NET 4.2 on Transonic PNA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alvin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Accessing Windows CE.NET 4.2 on Transonic PNA Reply with quote

How to access Windows desktop and more on Transonic PNA

The method :

Download the additional files required here: installation pack http://www.gpspassion.com/download/custom150e.zip
Connect the Transonic to your PC via ActiveSync and click 'explore'

Copy 'regedit.exe' from the .zip file and paste into \Windows\StartUp.
Now create a new folder on your Transonic
now Copy 'modified.reg' from zip file into the 'New Folder' folder on the device

Soft Reset your device using the stylus (unscrew the end of the stylus to reveal the reset pin!)

When the Transonic reboots it will automatically launch Regedit. Click 'File | Import' and then locate the 'New Folder' folder in the files and folders selection list and double click to open. You will see the 'modified.reg' file we copied in Step 4, double-click to import
(this part took a few atempts, because the navigon software will load if you are not quick enough, just do a soft restart if you don't manage it first time)
Locate regedit.exe in \Windows\StartUp. Cut this file and paste into \Windows\Programs .Copy 'showtaskbar.exe' from the .zip file and paste into \Windows\StartUp

Locate mnavdce.exe in the 'mnav' folder, right-click and select 'Create Shortcut'. Copy the 'Shortcut to and paste into \Windows\Desktop. Repeat this process for 'MP3Player.exe' located in \Windows

Finally, reset your device once more with the stylus and it will boot to the WinCE desktop with shortcuts to Mp3 player and Mobile Navigator applications. If you hold your stylus at the bottom left of the screen on the thin grey bar the WinCE taskbar will appear and you will gain access to the standard WinCE apps.

Regards

Alvin
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot. Let's hope this will also stop the folks that tried to sell this information on eBay.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Alvin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Transonic PNA Reply with quote

Additional to my first post here are some links for applications

Video Player = http://corecodec.org/frs/download.php/141/betaplayer.arm.cabs.STABLE.0.5.zip

and various apps = http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20212

Regards

Alvin
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there

I have downloaded the software to play the videos but dont seem to understand how to install it, can anyone help?

Cheers

tel33
zedhal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great thanks a lot,

This also now means that we can install other navigational software on these types of devices, such as TomTom.
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont worry I got it working in the end :-)
zedhal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again, Although this is a nice breack through..

I still seem to be having problem with installing aplications, i tried instaling TomTom3 for Pocket pc, ok fair enough it mght be incompatible with win ce.

Though i have also tried installing win ce games and other apps but i keep geting an error saying:

filename.exe is not a valid Windows CE application.

Can any one hellp or provide further instructions on how to get around this.

Or is it that in this version of win ce that came one the Navigon device is not a full version of win ce whcih i doubth, although it might not have all the neccessary dll's file for other application isntolations.

On the other hand it might have to do with one of th reg files, not allowing any other applications to be installed, basicaly preventing from further instollations.

Either way can any one help me, plz, thank you all...
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have to put the program directly onto the Medion and run it from there if it does not work on the pc.

Some of the applications I noticed are for the PPC which runs PPC2002 etc.. so thet may not work anyway.

Hope this is of some help

tel33
druck
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zedhal wrote:
I still seem to be having problem with installing aplications, i tried instaling TomTom3 for Pocket pc, ok fair enough it mght be incompatible with win ce.

Though i have also tried installing win ce games and other apps but i keep geting an error saying:

filename.exe is not a valid Windows CE application.

Can any one hellp or provide further instructions on how to get around this.

This is one of CE's least helpful error messages. It means a dll the program relies upon is the wrong version and doesn't prodive all the entry points it needs, so it incorrectly declares the entire program as invalid. If the dll is just missing, its gives an error of something like "A component of <application> cannot be found", but unhelpfully wont tell you which one.

You must make sure you run any Windows installer that comes with the software rather than copy it on to the PDA. When it runs note any messages that appear on the PDA which may refer to replacing existing versions of DLLs, it may not be able to and the installation can fail despite the Windows installer saying it has succeded.

Always perform a soft reset on the PDA before installing to remove applications which may be using dlls and other resources. However certain types of software may automatically run on restart, and may have to be uninstalled before new software can be installed.

Cheers
---Dave
zedhal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help

It seems that you are quite right, as AygShell.dll and DocList.dll on my device seem to be corupt, could any one that might have WinCE be able to posible send me the two dll files named above for the compatible OS please.

Thank you
druck
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those DLLs should be contained in the ROM so will be restored after a hard reset. You also dont want to try replacing core DLLs with arbitary versions someone may send you.

I recommend you try doing a full backup of the PDA (with the built in software to a storage card, not ActiveSync), then hard resetting it, and restoring from backup. If that doesn't work, try a hard reset followed by reinstalling the software.

Cheers
---Dave
zedhal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

much appriciated, thanks a lot,

although i still havent had a chance to get my hands on any dll's yet.
markie76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how to flip the display orientation of Win CE on a Transonic 3002 so that instead of viewing it landscape you can view it portrait like on an ipaq?

Thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: