Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CR100 - No satellites
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CR100 - No satellites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike_t
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: CR100 - No satellites Reply with quote

I've just bought a CR100 to use with TT3 and my Ipaq 2210.

How long does it take to get a satellite fix on first use? Do you need to have it powered up for minutes/hours for the first time to 'activate' it like I did with my TT bluetooth receiver? Or should it pick up within a minute or two?

I'm using Dave's recommended NMEA and com1 settings, but I see nothing at all on the GPS screen - no bars and no sign of communication between the Ipaq and the GPS receiver.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mike
Googlebot
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My iPAQ 2110 got a lock within about 2 mins on first use. Mine is just set to TomTom Navigator GPS and COM port 1, you could always try that and see if it helps?

Make sure the the GPS 'areail' is folded out so it is level with the unit fully powered. You should be able to see a orange LED on the GPS areail that will be on continualy when it's looking for a lock and blinks when it has a good lock.

Only other thing is have you recieved a GPS lock in the car before? It is always possible the car has a windscreen that will not allow the GPS signal through. See if it can gain a lock from outside the car or side/rear windows.
Holux CR-100

Soon to be replaced with TT720 (maybe....)
Mike_t
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. 2 minutes! I've run mine for over an hour today on a journey, so I guess it's some other problem.

I've flicked around the settings to see if I can get any of them to work. I'll give your settings a go to see if that helps.

The ariel has been up. I get a green solid light for a minute or two and then it starts flashing green. So I guess it is picking up satellites, maybe it's just not linking up with the Ipaq.

I've tried it in two cars now. And in both of them I've managed to get my TT bluetooth GPS unit to work fine.

Any other thoughts/suggestions are welcome.
Mike_t
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops! Just found out my mistake. I'd forgotten to tick the box to the left of the list of GPS receivers once I'd chosen the new one. Embarassed

Problem solved!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: