Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom Go 500 & Nokia N70 problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom Go 500 & Nokia N70 problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spark1e
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Tomtom Go 500 & Nokia N70 problems Reply with quote

I could do with some feedback here please from all N70 users and maybe a bit of testing to see if you have the same problem. The problem appears to be bluetooth related on the handset.

I've got the Tomtom Go 500 - which works fine with the N70 for making & receiving calls, but the problem I'm having is after I have used the phone on bluetooth with the Go 500.
When I make or receive a call using the handset on its own the person I am talking to can hear an echo of their own voice. It doesnt usually happen unless the handset has been turned on for @ 2 hours.

I've had six N70 handsets, 3 x 3G sims & a 2G sim replacements and have had the same problem every time. Until recently I always had the bluetooth activated on the handset & I never had more than 2 hours before the echo problem occured.
Last wednesday I turned the bluetooth off but left the phone on all the time up to saturday morning without any problems, then I went out in the car & used the bluetooth with the Go 500 & made a few calls - was only out for @ 20 minutes - then I turned tomtom off & the bluetooth on the N70 & tried making a call and the echo problem was back again.

Since then I've tried connecting up to tomtom bluetooth - make a quick phone call, turn the tomtom off & then make a normal phone call. I've tried this four times and each time the person I'm talking to is getting the echo again.

I'm on the orange network, but I've heard of a few others users on O2 & Vodafone with exactly the same problem. The more info I can get to pass onto a line manager at orange the better as he's in contact with nokia and will hopefully get the problem sorted out soon.

Info required please :-

What network ?
Did you have any echo problems (might have to ask the person you're talking to) ?
Was your bluetooth activated & used on your N70 before you made a call on the N70 without the bluetooth on ?
How long was the N70 turned on for before the echo started, or how long has it been on for if you didnt have any problems ?

Thanks in advance,

Spark1e
Spark1e
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Hasn't anyone else on here got a Go 500 & a Nokia N70 ??
geraint
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use an N70 with my 500. I've not noticed any problems. Sorry to disappoint you.

TomTom for iPhone v1.9
App version: 8.300 (777309)
Map: Western Europe v875.3668
Spark1e
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Geraint nice to see I'm not the only one with the N70 :D.
I can never hear the echo - it's the person I'm talking to that hears it and it only ever occurs after I've made or received a call through the tomtom & then turned tomtom off and made another call just with the N70. I have also tried this out on another go 500 & had exactly the same result. This morning I've been back to my local nokia repair centre and had the very latest generic software - V 5.0609.2.0.1 put on the phone. I made a couple of calls through tomtom on my way home, then made a call from the N70 when I got home and the echo was back again.
I've got version 5.440 on my tomtom and the other go 500 I tried it on has got version 5.420.
Spark1e
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least Tomtom can reproduce the problem, here's a copy of the reply they sent me after I told them about my problem :-

Quote:
A bluetooth earpeace is making use of the 'Blueototh Headset protocol' while the GO comminicates with the phone via the (Bluetoot h HandsFree protocol) because it also needs to tell the phone which numbers to dial etc.
We were able to reproduce the problem you described, but to find out whether it is the N70 that has problems after being connected to a Bluetooth HandsFree device or if the GO causes the problem, we need to test this with another Hands Free kit that makes use of the same 'Bluetooth HandsFree protocol'.

Our Test and Development teams are still investigating the problem, but until we have found out what is the reason for that problem there is nothing we can do (except exchanging the unit) but to ask you to use the workaround you found out yourself, which is to disable Bluetooth on the GO to disconnect from the phone.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

I just hope they can find out very soon as the only reason I bought the Go 500 was for the handsfree facility with my N70 and now I can't use it Confused
drchris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been having problems with my N70 too. People im talking to can hear their own echo!!

im on voda uk, bluetooth is always on and n70 i never switch off my phone!

i thought it was either vodafones problem or my actual phones, but since it happened seldomly, i couldnt figure out the cause of the problem!

let me know what happens!

chris
Spark1e
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do chris. The only way around it at the moment is to either not use the bluetooth on the tomtom (but this was the only reason I bought the go 500), or to turn your phone off & back on again after you have turned the tomtom off.
The echo problem only ever occurs after you have made or received a call through the tomtom. It took me long time to find out what caused the echo - I've now had a total of seven N70s and five sim cards.
monsta45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive got a Nokia 6230i and at the beginning of calls this happens

Craig
QRTY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: I have this problem Reply with quote

Like you all i have a N70 and its great apart from this annoying echo when making calls. I never use bluetooth because my battery goes flat in five seconds and i never switch the phone off. The only way around this problem for me is hanging up and phoning again its annoying but i dont know what else to do. Im going to a carphone warehouse in a minute to get a firmware upgrade apparently im told this might help and ill get back to you all. If anyone else has anymore information please PM it to me!
Spark1e
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ QRTY - I've tried several different firmware version on my N70s. I've had the Orange V2.???? & V3.????, and a generic V3.???? & V 5.0609.2.0.1 and none of them have cured the problem.

Last week Orange sent me yet another replacement handset - this is now my 7th N70 since the middle of January, this has got the Orange firmware V3.???? on it. From what I've read on some other forums this problem occurs on all the other networks - so it's not just an orange problem.
QRTY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet to take it in forgot the reciept but i guess i will just have to just hang up n ring back all the time bit of a bitch as its the phone function on the phone thats faulty but atleast the firmware upgrade will cure some other things.
Spark1e
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QRTY wrote:
Yet to take it in forgot the reciept but i guess i will just have to just hang up n ring back all the time bit of a bitch as its the phone function on the phone thats faulty but atleast the firmware upgrade will cure some other things.

Don't think you need to take your receipt, each time I've been to my local nokia repair centre I've never been asked for it.

I asked tomtom if they had any idea how long this would take ot sort out - their reply :-

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

We have a team of professional testers who are working on these issues. We will inform you once we have a solution. We thank you for your patience.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

It's over a month now since I first contacted them Sad
Spark1e
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nokia 'N' range use bluetooth 2.0 specification, which doesn't seem to be compatible with the tomtoms - has anyone got this version of bluetooth on their handset and is it problem free or not ??

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: