Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 5 Upgrade, IPAQ 4150 and Holux GR-230 - Help required
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 5 Upgrade, IPAQ 4150 and Holux GR-230 - Help required

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zuru
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: TomTom 5 Upgrade, IPAQ 4150 and Holux GR-230 - Help required Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have just upgraded my TomTom 3 software to TomTom 5, having been using Nav 3 successfully with my GR230 up until today.

I have installed the new TomTom software but am having a real fight trying to get TomTom to actually recognise that there is a GPS receiver available.

TomTom5 software states that a "Pairing" should exist between the PDA and the GPS receiver. TomTom 3 did not require this as it allowed you to choose a bluetooth connection when it started up and the Holux connected nicely.

I can see the GR230 on my PDA bluetooth manager, I can connect to it fine, although data sent and received does not move above 0 bytes.

Is there a way to "Pair" the devices, I tried using several passkeys but no job, all authnetication failed.

You can imagine my current mood, old kid, new toy, ARRRGGGHH can't get it working.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Adam
Zuru
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little more information.

GPS Viewer can see the receiver on com port 6 but when I open GPS it runs through a quick flow of data and exits.

TomTom5 still does not acknowledge that a GPS receiver actually exists even if i select Bluetooth com port 6 which is the one that GPS viewer sees.

My head hurts !!!

I hope this info is of use.

Thanks

Adam
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a look at:

http://www.totalpda.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3330

Click on tomtom navigator
Tap on the screen and select Change Preferences (big spanner)
tap the black triangle until it says Preferences 4 of 6
Select Configure
This is the stupid part Select "other cable NMEA GPS" yeah thats right CABELD
GPS Baud Rate 4800 and select DONE
Select the correct bluetooth port, if you cannot see the number tap and hold and then you will see what number.

You will notice a small orange and black circle at the top right this will start to spin if you are connected to the GPS if it does not spin then soft reset the PDA and try again.
Zuru
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven,

Thanks for the info. I'm also really pleased that your web-site shows the standard passkey info.

This should help a lot.

Thanks again.

Regards

Adam
Zuru
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven,

I have paired the device successfully however still have a problem.
This as follows.

I have setup the TomTom 5 software using the info as supplied, NMEA other cabled and clicking on Bluetooth com port 6. Then the software allows me to select the Holux from the Bluetooth management screen which appears.

After this I get nothing, it stats GPS signal lost and when I check in the preferences of TomTom5 the GPS status shows no active satellites even though the top right hand icon is revolving. The Orange light on the Holux should start to blink to show it has satellites in view but it stays fixed orange.

Sorry to be a pain but what on earth am I doing wrong? I followed the instruction at the link that you game me.

Set baud rate to 4800 and Bluetooth com 6, selected the Holux GR230 from the bluetooth screen that popped up and then Nada.

Sorry to be a pain, but does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Adam
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the the GPS just now, if it says GPS signal was lost then that means that it is connected but does not have a lock. Take it for a drive can take a while for the first lock.
barnardtim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feedback: As a novice this series of posts helped ge tme set up - I have the same 4150 but Holux GR231, and the set up is the same. Thanx.
Question: As a novice, does the orientation of the receiver matter (ie for the Tom Tom map orientation / compass) or is this information just interpolated from the direction of movement?
Thankx.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: