Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 5.0.1.48 update with Rikaline 6031 X7 GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

5.0.1.48 update with Rikaline 6031 X7 GPS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bnichlsn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: 5.0.1.48 update with Rikaline 6031 X7 GPS Reply with quote

Hi,

I have recently installed the version 5.0.1.48 update to my HP 3715 PDA downloaded from the ALK UK website. However, my Rikaline 6031 X7 bluetooth GPS does not wish to communicate with CoPilot. I believe I have correctly configured the PDA bluetooth. I have also tried unpairing and re-pairing the PDA and GPS, removing the GPS battery etc. From the bluetooth manager, I can switch on the GPS. I then configure CoPilot to use the bluetooth GPS (via GPSsetup), but after a couple of minutes, the GPS just switches itself off without having got any kind of satellite fix.

With my previous CoPilot version 5.0.1.30, the system worked OK. I have also just tried WinFast Navigator with the PDA and GPS. That too worked fine, so the indications are that the problem lies with CoPilot version 5.0.1.48.

I have contacted ALK technical support, but they have no knowledge of the Rikaline GPS only the CoPilot GPS.

Help! Does anyone have any suggestions?
nikpro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the GPS receiver now pairs through CoPilot with version .48 and not through the Pocket PC:

Open CoPilot on the pocket PC
Select GPS Icon
Select 'Setup GPS'
Select 'Bluetooth'

Ensure you have the GPS receiver switched on and in bonding mode.

CoPilot will then find reciever and disply it - the rest is self explanatory
bnichlsn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nikpro,

Brilliant! Your solution works perfectly! I read somewhere in the ALK .48 blurb that the bluetooth setup was different, but I had no further indication of what to do about it. I haven't tried the system on the road yet, but I'll get back to you if I have further problems. I also read in a forum posting that with version .48, Roger has actually learned to pronounce "miles". What a relief that will be! That was a major complaint of mine.

Thanks again for your help. I couldn't have done it without you!
iankb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bnichlsn wrote:
I also read in a forum posting that with version .48, Roger has actually learned to pronounce "miles".
Not as far as I can see/hear. It pronounces it correctly with the directions, but not with POI's. Or is there some tweak that I'm not aware of.

iPaq 2210
Globalsat BT-338
Seidio G2500 Amplified Vent Mount
CoPilot 6, GPS Tuner 4.2, Navio 3.01
BMW 330ci Sport
bnichlsn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Iankb,

I have only just got my system working again today and given it a brief test run. I have not yet run past any POIs so cannot comment further. I'm just so delighted to hear "miles" pronounced correctly. The previous mispronunciation I found absolutely appalling and quite unforgivable!

Regards,

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: