Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - traffic as of 13.9.05
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

traffic as of 13.9.05

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: traffic as of 13.9.05 Reply with quote

is everyone not able to update traffic at the moment
i suppose it's due to maintenance Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
StevePritchard
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right - looks down at the moment (16:30 on 14 Sep), but it was working this morning.

Cheers,

Steve
rtj70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like they've lost their website as well. So not just traffic. Driving home tonight could not get an update. Thankfully roads quieter due to fuel protest so no delays anyway.
JoeBirt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: sAME hERE Reply with quote

Just drove fron Edinburgh to Surrey - TT Traffic worked fine until M6Toll then Nowt -thought it was my machine
Pauldp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Let me tell you a story Reply with quote

I dont make much use of the traffic function recently so I have it turned off.

But on today, the only day for ages, TT decide to upgrade their website and everything is down. the same day we have a lot of rain, accidents by the dozen, and I am travelling from southampton to near ipswich. And back again.

BUT, my ipaq drained its battery recently and I had to reinstall recently, and I thought I had my username and password entered incorrectly. Check in TT and sure enough the old style username and password is in there. so I change it. Still not recognised by the website, and all you are left with is a cancel button. I had error 1502, and now and again site is down for maintenance. So I think my password is wrong and try another, and another. Then I think I will login to the Tt wesbite and find it there, only ah. Its not there. Just a php server screen.

Oh well I think thats the end of that, so I'll just diasbale traffic and go on my way to get rid of the annoying message indicating that its all my fault traffic is not working as my internet connection is broken. But I cant as it only allows you to go onto the traffic screen if you have logged on successfully. And every time you try to go to the traffic screen it asks you for a user name and password, because the last time you tried it it failed.

Oh well if I cannot disable traffic then I'll turn the mobile phone off. Only TTN now tries to connect to the internet and comes up with the windows CE 'cannot connect to internet' screen and is even more annoying.

So not only do I get an annoying traffic message and no info, but I also am not able to turn it off and wasted tones of GPRS data trying to access a server that was down.

Why me?

Ipaq 2210/TTN5 bluetooth/Motorola V500.
gibbsy99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Traffic IS getting worse Reply with quote

Recently Tomtom traffic has been going from bad to worse.
A few weeks ago I kept getting stuck in jams on the London North Circular that 'Traffic' failed to see.
The last couple of weeks it continually fails to connect, either giving me a 'status code 500' whatever that is, or telling me to check my internet connection. - Well I can see any site in the world using 'Explorer', so what else am I supposed to check!
I personally think Tomtom have grown too fast too soon, and no longer have the resources to give a good service.
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the inconvenience they are giving an extra month's subs as compensation. I received this email just now:

Dear TomTom customer,

TomTom is currently upgrading the computer system which provides our Traffic service in order to provide you with an even better service.

Unfortunately, due to some unforeseen technical issues during the upgrade, the Traffic service is currently unavailable. We are very sorry for the disruption that this has caused and we are working extremely hard to resolve this. The service should be back online very soon. To compensate you for this inconvenience, we will be giving all Traffic subscribers one month of free Traffic updates.

As a valued TomTom customer, you will know that this is an extremely rare occurrence.

Best regards,
TomTom customer support

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: